Saturday, April 22, 2006

Koroneburg preview

Koroneburg was open to the public this afternoon for a preview of the actual festival, which starts next Saturday. I went there, along with Brian, Betsy, Caasi, and Joseph, to see how things were shaping up. The weather was cold and cloudy, but it didn't rain, for which we were all grateful. It was great to see that the rat races will be there this year - with a nice new booth. There weren't as many vendors open as I had thought there would be, so I didn't buy anything, but Betsy bought a couple of inexpensive daggers and Caasi got herself a new bodice. Joseph was a big hit, smiling at almost everyone, except a big guy with a bushy black beard (he seems to be afraid of black beards). I ran into my old college roommate, Ann, and her family - I hadn't seen them in at least 5 years, so that was a really nice surprise. All in all it was a nice outing, in spite of the cold weather.

No comments: