Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Bookmobile troubles and singing

Last week the generator on the bookmobile wouldn't start, so I had the mechanics at the county garage where I park it take a look at it. So, when I picked it up yesterday, they told me what the problem was and that it had been fixed. Trusting them, I took it out to the school - a 45-minute drive - and parked it. The generator started just fine - but the lights wouldn't come on. Turned out the mechanic had turned off the breaker while he was working on it, and had forgotten to turn it back on. Fortunately, I was able to find the switch and turn it back on. That's all the excitement I've had at the library so far this week.

On a personal note, there are less than two weeks until our first big concert of the year. My whole family sings with the Master Arts Chorale at our local community college, and on April 29th we'll be singing a variety of opera choruses and arias, accompanied by the college orchestra. My favorite one to sing is "Va Pensiero" by Verdi - I sing it loudly in my car when I'm alone. I'm really looking forward to the concert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
Your life sounds like a fun crazy quilt of activity these days. I love Verdi too and am glad your family is enjoying the Chorale together. Lucky you. My mom took us (two)daughters to hear Mozart's Figaro last weekend at the LA Opera. What an amazing cast of world renown opera singers! It was great. Thanks for the update on your life. I can't visit next weekend, as company from Los Altos will be here, and Kimberly has her Senior Prom on Saturday. Take care. Anya