Saturday, May 20, 2006

Seems like I never have time ...

... to post during the week! Oh well, here goes another one of my week summaries -

This was another one of my six-day workweeks - I get those every third week, in exchange for a three-day weekend the following week. Unfortunately, this one included a useless meeting 50 miles away in Fontana, and a health and safety fair on Saturday in the same town. I had to have the bookmobile at the fair site by 7:00 a.m., which meant leaving my house before 5:00 a.m. Anyone who knows me can understand what a hardship that was for me! One of the teen volunteers, Reece, and Rachel helped me, which was a good thing, because we had over 750 visitors to the bus. I ran out of books to give away at 1:30, and people were still coming in 20 minutes after the fair officially ended at 2:00. At least they fed us well - they even brought burritos, drinks, and frozen smoothies to us. Several kids came back just to play and hang out, and one little 6-year-old spent most of her time on the bus. Rachel had made coloring pages of the bus to give out, and some of the kids left theirs behind - I'm supposed to save them for the county librarian.

Other than the health and safety fair, my week was pretty much normal. Rachel picked Betsy up at the airport Thursday morning - she really enjoyed herself in Hawaii, but she was glad to back at the library on Friday. Joseph has gotten good at crawling and pulling himself up - he's getting harder to contain. He really likes eating "big people" food - no baby food for him, we just grind up whatever we're eating. He especially likes Italian food. I would post a picture of him, but Jacob's been messing with the computer and I can't find anything right now. I'll get some up here as soon as I can.

Jacob and I are working on a few more songs to sing at the Claremont Folk Music Center's next open mic. He wants to do "Dere's a Man A-goin' Round Takin' Names" and "I Know the Lord" (with me singing backup), both as performed by Paul Robeson. Fortunately, Jacob sounds a lot like him, so it should work well.

No comments: