Saturday, March 01, 2008

Vacation's almost over - waaah!

One more day left, then back to work.  I don't want to go - I'm getting used to staying home, though I haven't actually been home that much.  On Monday, I ran around with Betsy, taking her to her doctor and a few shops.  On Tuesday, I took Jacob and Joseph out for a while before Joseph had to go to his mommy's house.  And Wednesday morning was spent taking Jacob to yet another mediation at the courthouse.  

I finally got to do something vacationy on Wednesday afternoon- I met Rachel for lunch at Panera,  then drove her to Mt. Baldy Village, where we hiked up a very steep hill.  We were quite surprised to find cabins about 1/2 mile up the trail, with electricity and running water.  The trail leveled out at this point and we were greatly relieved, but then it got steep again after a while.  We stopped to take a break where the trail came out of the woods, and sat on the rocks and admired the view of the town (which looked awfully tiny from up there) and the valley below.  Of course, we'd forgotten
to bring a camera, so we were unable to capture the view.  Rachel had brought her cell phone, but had no service until we reached that point.  We both called our significant others, then headed back to the car.  The trip down was much quicker, of course.

I was a little sore on Thursday, of course, but not too bad.  Brian called in sick for Thursday and Friday because he had hurt his neck at work, so I spent the day with him.  We ran around Apple Valley and Hesperia looking for ceramic wire insulators, but we couldn't find any.  Brian had to make do with plastic ones.

On Friday, Rachel and I drove to Old Town Temecula to do some antique shopping.  They had a lot of shops, but we didn't buy much.  There was one shop that had a huge collection of tools, but most of what was for sale was glass and chinaware.  I did get a miniature bookcase for my librarian action figure - now all she needs is a desk.  We had a nice dinner at Mimi's Cafe in San Bernardino on the way home.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

And of course when I tried to get you some pictures, Mother Nature decided to blow down the house and make Jen work well past lunch... We will go back to the mountain one of these days and conquer it once and for alll!