Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's been a busy summer

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. All summer long, we took the bookmobile out to parks in the evenings. Now that school has started, we're doing school visits in the mornings. I've gone from working 12-9 shifts to working 7-4 some days.

Jacob and Rachel have both posted extensively on the flash floods we had over Labor Day weekend, so go check out their blogs to see some pictures and even a video. Also, Jacob posted a cute picture of Joseph in his pirate outfit in August.

Brian bought me a couple of 1950's soprano ukuleles a few months ago - a Martin style "O" and a Kamaka pineapple. Both of them are in well-used condition, so he got them at a fraction of the price of the same ukes in mint condition. I'm having the Kamaka restored right now by Marc Donner - it should be done soon. I'll probably leave the Martin as-is. It's amazing to me how much more sound these old instruments put out, as compared to a newer, cheaper, and heavier one. My Oscar Schmidt concert uke sounds muted next to the Martin, even though it's much bigger.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

And now I get to join you in the library world of doom, eh Mom?
Hope you keep posting.