Wednesday, June 06, 2007

New bookmobile pictures

I know I promised to post pictures of the "new and improved" bookmobile, and here they are! What do you think?

I've been pretty busy with this new job. Last weekend we took it out for Fontana Days. I drove it in the parade Saturday morning, then parked it at Veteran's Park, where the carnival was being held. We parked right next to the City of Fontana's Mobile Rec Unit, and one of their guys helped us with the awning, since ours is just like theirs. He made it look so easy.

Several staff members from the other two Fontana branches came to help out, and our branch manager dressed up as the Cat in the Hat for the parade. We had a simple craft for the kids to do, and our Youth Services manager held storytimes at a booth nearby.

We left the bus at the park overnight, and returned late on Sunday morning. We had help from the other branches at first, but they left by 2:00. I sent Eva home at 8:00, because I thought I'd be able to pack up and leave soon after that, but I didn't get the bus back to the yard until 9:45. It was a long day, but not that difficult.

Our next event will be the county employees picnic on Saturday. That should be a relatively easy day, compared with the Fontana Days carnival or the Health and Safety Fair coming up on the 23rd. And, we've hired two new helpers who will come with us to all our big events! That will make life much easier. The only problem with Saturday is that I'll miss our dress rehearsal for the concert that evening.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

AH! Super Elephant on Crack edition!!!!!
(watch out for hippies who mistake your bus for something...else -_0

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie!
Way cooler than the Weinermobile!
Kevin